End of Life Pet Care
A difficult decision.
When a pet’s quality of life deteriorates to the point where they experience more bad days than good days, you may be faced with the difficult decision regarding whether to choose euthanasia.
The same way we provide compassionate care for pets in their early days, we’re prepared to support you and provide end of life care for them during their last. As partners in your pet’s health, we’ll make sure you’re informed about all potential treatment options before you make a decision. We understand that making that kind of choice is never easy, but we promise to be there every step of the way.
Should you decide euthanasia is the right choice for your pet, we’ll prepare you for the process and answer any questions you may have about what’s going to happen. We hope you’ll find some comfort knowing our humane methods will ensure your pet is laid to rest peacefully.
Coping with Pet Loss
Pets are family and losing them comes with the same grief as any other loss. If you’re struggling with grief following the loss of your pet, remember to:
- Give yourself time to mourn and cry
- Do your best to stick to your regular routine
- Talk about your feelings with family, friends, or even our hospital staff
- Memorialize your pet in a way that’s special to you
You can use these resources if you need additional support:
- Pace Cremation Services in Metro Detroit, Michigan
- Pet and Animal Cremation Endearment: The loss of one’s pet, furry companion and family member, is an extremely emotional time. The shock and sorrow alone are a source of much grief for pet owners and quite difficult to bear.
- Association for Pet Loss & Bereavement (APLB)
- The Rainbow Bridge
Please reach out to us at (810) 695-6055 if there’s anything we can do for you.